Thursday, September 15, 2005

In Loving Memory

You were always there for me,
Every day when I got home,
You were so very dear to me,
The greatest friend I’ve ever known.

I know you were not always happy,
Or who you wanted to be,
But none of that ever mattered,
You were the perfect friend for me.

A wonderful caring person,
With a heart of love to give,
I wish you could have shared more,
I wish you could have lived.

So often since that awful year,
I’ve had things I’ve wanted to say,
But I lost the ability to do so,
On that tragically fateful day.

We were both far too young then,
We each had more to learn,
Plenty more to teach each other,
But your road took an untimely turn.

You were taken from me,
And, though, your love endures today,
I’ll never get to see you again,
Or say what I want to say:

I love you,
and I miss you.

Peace,
Justin

2 Comments:

Blogger Anki said...

Its a wonderful poem. More so because the reader can decide on his own whom the poem is addressed to as, i can see the exact relationship is not mentioned explicitly. The subject is sensitive and touchy and dealt in a matured manner because it has understading and pain both mingled together.

The last para is specially poignant and appropriate.

Your poems remind me of my own thoughts and compositions. I am giving the links of two of them which you will probably like to read. Keep writing

1 Can't I Stay
2 Mirror

Friday, September 16, 2005 4:50:00 AM  
Blogger Anki said...

i am sorry the link in the last comment was wrong, i m giving it again

The Mirror

Friday, September 16, 2005 12:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home