Wednesday, November 02, 2005

New Happiness

Don't do this to me,
I'm happier than I've been in awhile.
I don't know what to do about you anymore.
Don't try to keep me where I was,
If you're going to move on,
Because that's not fair.
I love you still,
But things have changed,
And I must move on,
And find myself a better place to go.
Find myself a place where I can be happier;
Because if I stay,
I won't be happy,
I won't have anything.
Is that what you want?
I hope it isn't.
Don't do this to me.
Don’t send me back,
Now that I'm moving forward.
Don't push me back to where I was,
To where you were,
Because you're not there anymore.
I won't find happiness there without you,
And I can't follow you to where you're going.
You must let me go my own way now.
Don't make me follow you,
Because I'll never catch up;
I left this place far too late for that.
Don't do this to me.
I must go my own way,
And find my new happiness on a different path.

If you let me go this way,
And you continue on your new path;
When what has begun has come to an end,
Perhaps we’ll find that our paths lead to the same place.
Or maybe that’s just what I’m hoping.
Maybe the way I’ve chosen now is meaningless;
Maybe I’m only taking it to get away,
Because I think the that the sooner I leave,
The sooner it is that we will both return.

I’m tired of following you.
Let me go my own way for a while.
Where I am right now is a good place,
A place I want to be right now,
A place far from any place I’ve ever been before.
Let me be there for awhile,
And be happy for me,
Be happy for me as I am happy for you.
I’m glad that you are where you are right now;
Please be glad for me that I’m where I am right now.

Peace,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home