Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Night Glow

As the sun goes down,
About me, shadows are cast by trees,
The darkness grows,
And with the night comes a light breeze.
The air is almost still, though,
The night cools down,
I'm sitting on a log,
A long way from the town.
I stare into space,
At a red-orange glow,
And as I continue to look,
Time seems to grow slow.
It is an amazing sensation,
The feeling is grand,
As I look into my creation,
I become one with the land.
Although the temperature continues to drop,
What I feel is heat,
And I move ever closer,
To warm up my feet.
As I look at the colors,
Dancing before,
I realize this is something,
You can't buy in a store.
It is something more special,
Something more great,
And as I continue to watch,
It begins to get late.
But I am not tired,
I feel wide awake,
For the heat is still flowing,
The light still ablaze.
A slight popping noise,
Brings me back to the log,
Back to the forest,
Now penetrated by fog.
But is it really fog?
It's hard to tell,
It seems not of water,
Smoke is more the smell.
The scent is great too,
As it fills up my nostrils,
Makes me eyes water,
And then spreads through the dark hills.
But as the smoke spreads,
The light grows low,
The heat begins to diminish,
And there is little left of the glow.
As I watch it go out,
As my creation begins to die,
I walk from it's grave,
To my tent, to there through the night lie.

Peace,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home