Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dream

I’m young. Why do I worry? I should be living; I should be dreaming. Why do I follow the lead of those around me, rushing through life without stopping to see the beauty in the simplest things? Those are the things that really matter, but not in today’s society. If you stop to drink in the simplicity, you are quickly left behind. It seems like people are forced to give up their childhood much too early. You’re the odd one out if you don’t manage to obtain a part-time job at some point throughout your high school career. You’re a weird kid if you’re able to keep more than one weekend free over the course of a month. Society doesn’t appreciate idleness. Go, go, go! But I don’t want to go; I want to stop. I want everything to just slow down so I won’t be completely overtaken. I haven’t taken any initiative, though. I’ve jumped right into the fray and I’ve just been swept up into the thick of things with everyone else. What I really long for is to find my way back to the outskirts, away from the action, a place I’ve been absent from for much too long. I just want to escape from the fast-track and return to the innocent existence of my childhood. I want to dream.

Peace,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home