Monday, December 05, 2005

The Climax

I raise my flag,
I've reached the top,
And I like it here,
So I know I should stop.

To take in the air,
And glimpse the awesome sites,
So I'll remember where I am,
And forget my former plights.

But can we ever be fulfilled,
Once we reach the lofty summit?
Once we've raised our banner high,
Will we ever be truly happy with it?

We've reached the place we've searched for,
We've met our greatest goal,
But have we gotten what we wanted?
Have we filled the gaping hole?

I've gotten what I wanted,
And it has made everything much better,
But still I've got a lot to learn,
And much more to discover.

I still don't know all that much,
About who I am or why I'm here,
And I don't know if I ever will,
But it's never seemed so near.

Peace,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home