Friday, December 09, 2005

Friday

Well, today was the first snow day of the winter, and it definitely came at both an excellent and a horrible time. I was pretty much exhausted last night and I wasn't really feeling very well, so today came as a much needed day of rest and relaxation. Today was also originally the date of our second swim meet, but that got cancelled for obvious reasons. That was kind of disappointing, I guess, because I love swimming and competing so much, but I love doing well even more, and since I wasn't in perfect health, I don't know how well I would have done. So I'm glad we had the day off, because I needed it, I'm disappointed we had the day off, because the swim meet got postponed. Hopefully it will get rescheduled, though, and my disappointment will have been for naught. We got an awful lot of snow today, more than 15 inches, but I couldn't get a good measurement.

I could have gone skiing today, but I decided that I needed the sleep and rest, and so I gave up an opportunity that I usually wouldn't, but it's a good thing. I really need to keep myself healthy, especially for swim season. I really think I can do something this year, I really think I can leave a mark, but I won't be able to if I get sick. I'm trying to eat a lot, and drink a lot to keep a steady flow of nutrients and everything else flowing through my body. Also, I've noticed how much more dry-land training is doing for me, and I'm actually gaining some muscle, though I'm still awfully skinny. So yah, all of that is why I stayed home today. I'm sure it would have been a great time, and I hate giving up chances to go skiing, especially since I only get to go from December to April, generally. That brings me to another thing, though, it looks as if I'll be going for the first time on Sunday. That should be a good time, I'm pretty sure I'm going with Baumgartner and Gail. We always have a great time, and they're good to go with, because they enjoy going fast, like me, and unlike mother. Haha.

Tomorrow I'm planning on going to the Keene State College home swim meet. That should be extremely interesting, and I hope to gain some ideas from it. I think it'll be quite enjoyable to watch, but it'll also be an excellent learning experience. I would love to continue swimming in college, but I know I need to do a lot of work before that can happen, luckily I've still got some time. It also depends on where I end up going, because a lot of colleges don't have male swim teams, or they're in a division that I simply cannot compete in. So I don't know if that dream will ever become a reality, but I at least need to figure out what I need to do to set it into action. We have practice tomorrow and Sunday evenings, so that should be good.

That's about all, it's been an extremely boring day, but I guess that's what I needed. Hopefully everyone has benefitted from the day off.

Peace,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home