Friday, January 27, 2006

This Week

Sitting at home on a Friday night when I really felt like going out and doing something. Oh well, I’m tired and lazy and cheap, so I decided to stay home. I couldn’t have been with the person I want to be with anyway, though, so it doesn’t really bother me. Since I’m here, I figured I might as well run down the happenings of the week.

We had the snow day Monday, and then Mid-Terms on Tuesday, which also happened to be a half-day. I got home at about quarter after noon, and loaded my ski stuff into the car and headed to Sunapee to try and get a couple of hours of good skiing in. I was on the mountain not long after 1:00 PM, so I was pretty happy. I got about three hours, and in that time I got quite a few runs, because there are no lines on Tuesdays. It really is awesome having a season pass, because you can just ski for a couple of hours and you haven’t put down fifty bucks for it. Definitely worth it, even though this hasn’t been the greatest season for skiing due to some unusual weather. I had a good time; the conditions weren’t too bad considering the weather, just a little rough from being skied all day before me. I did manage to have a pretty incredible fall, though. I lost both skis and slid backwards and upside down quite a ways down the mountain before I managed to stop. Then I had to hike back up a ways to get my skis and I was pretty shaken up. I don’t know how I didn’t hurt myself, because I was going pretty quickly. I left a little before closing and drove home, although I was a little worried I was going to fall asleep, because I was drifting a little on the road. I did get home safely, though, and at a pretty decent time. I went to bed relatively early, because the final meet of the season was the following day.

I got up Wednesday morning and I didn’t want to go to school and take two Mid-Terms, but I did, because that’s just the way I am. The exams went pretty well in my opinion, but I was kind of nervous about the meet, because we were facing Conant again, and they’re by far our closest competitors. I really wanted to beat them this time, because we’d already had two close losses to them on the season. Again, my backstroke race looked pretty important, because two of their best swimmers were doing it. I didn’t feel all that great, and I think it’s because I hadn’t eaten enough, but I did what I could. No personal bests on the day, nothing two horrible, but I didn’t do anything amazing either. Our relay took second place against Keene for both the Medley and the Freestyle, which was a good sign. I won my heat of the 200 IM, but placed 5th overall and I didn’t drop any time like I wanted to. The race I wanted to do the best in, though, was the 100 Backstroke, and it was probably my worst event on the night. I was off of my time by over a second, but the good news is I did beat one of the Conant swimmers. Probably the most exciting part of the meet, though, was that Martineau qualified for States in the 100 Free with a 59.98, only seven hundredths of a second off my time. I was really excited for him, because he was close in quite a few events, and being a senior this was his last chance. I was really happy for him, and it helped me not feel so bad about my swims. The other really exciting thing, though, is that we did finally beat Conant, and this time by 20 points, which is pretty incredible. All of the seniors were honored, and all of the coaches ended up in the pool at the end of the meet, so it was a fun way to end the regular season.

Thursday I got my Mid-Term exam grades, and I was extremely surprised with how well I did on everything. I got a 92 on the Chemistry exam, a 94 on the English exam, a 95 on the Pre-Calculus exam, a 98 on the Keyboarding exam, and a 98 on the AP Spanish exam. This was by far the best I’ve ever done on exams. So all of my classes are going really well except for AP History, which I’m not doing well in at all. Not sure what I’m going to do to turn things around, but something’s got to happen. I’m not learning anything, and I’m not motivated enough to teach myself the history of the United States, it’s not something that matters a whole lot to me. Also, yesterday the entries for the State Meet were due, so I stayed after to talk to Motts about who’s doing what and who else is going for relays. Well, it’s been decided, I’m doing the 200 IM and the 100 Backstroke as my two events for States. The IM I’m not very excited about, but that’s okay, I’ll do it, and we’ll see what I can do. Nick and Fratea are also doing the IM, but they’re each doing the 100 Butterfly, while Baumgartner is sticking to the Freestyle sprints. We’re doing both of the 200 Yard relays, and hopefully we’ll do well in them. Motts decided that since Martineau qualified that he’d take a B team, and it’s going to be three freshman: Tommila, Geheran, and Upright, so it should be pretty exciting for all of them. The FR is the only girl that qualified, and she’ll be doing the 200 Freestyle and 100 Backstroke, so hopefully she’ll do well. Motts is taking four girls to run a relay without the FR, and they’ll be Elliott, Bisson, Ellis, and Baumgartner. They’re not going to do anything too exciting in the standings, but I’m glad they’re going, it should be a good experience no matter what.

We also had a band concert last night, which wasn’t anything special, it was short, so I’m not going to complain too much. I really don’t enjoy band that much, but luckily sitting next to Manzi and Baumgartner we manage to make it pretty funny, and it is the only class I have with some people, so I guess it’s not as bad as it seems. I’d miss getting to see some of those people if I didn’t have band with them. I was really tired, though, so I didn’t want to play at all. I fell asleep in the car on the way there, luckily I didn’t manage to convince mother not to go, because I probably wouldn’t have been up to driving myself home.

Today was an okay day. It was a little weird, because the week has been so messed up, and because we had a Pep Rally today, they switched 2nd and 7th Periods, which made things confusing. We really only had one day this week with a regular schedule, and that was yesterday, and it didn’t feel all that normal. The Pep Rally was absolutely pathetic, I’m not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed. I ended up getting my chest painted again, I got to be the “J” in JUNIORS, so that was kind of fun, it always is, and at the very end, there was a competition where a group from each class had to try and make every letter in the alphabet with their bodies. I ended up representing my class, and we did a pretty good job, in fact we won. It was a heck of a workout, but I thought it was pretty fun. Then I got to ride the bus home, which is never a good time. It seriously gets me down every time. Since then I haven’t done a whole lot, downloaded some music, watched some lame television shows, and completed one of those stupid addicting Sudoku puzzles. Now I’m just waiting to talk to the person I wanted to be with tonight.

Peace,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home